Friday, July 13, 2012

in which i'm gingham all the way

Photobucket

I stumbled upon this little gingham shirtdress at the most random thrift shop ever in Middlesex last weekend.  It is exactly what I have been looking for, and my official new favorite summer sundress.  It couldn't have been more perfect if I'd made it myself.

Photobucket Picture721two1 Photobucket Picture730two Photobucket Photobucket
(dress/belt/bag/scarf: thrifted; shoes: seychelles)

I'm getting back to my thrifty roots.  Spent a few hours yesterday making magic with stitchwitchery and collaging to calm myself down after a stressful week.  K and I are going to Connecticut tonight and I am so ready for some relaxation by the water.  Hopefully next week I'll be back in the swing of things.  I already know what I'm planning to wear for the first couple of days, so that should help :)

Happy Friday, everyone!  Hope you all have fantastically beautiful weekends!

5 comments:

  1. gingham AND a shirtdress?! You scored big time with this piece. Gingham is so perfect for summer, I need more of it in my life
    xJennaD

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is a beauty of a dress and just perfect summer. You remind me of a summery Dorothy (Wizard of Oz) minus all the drugs (she was clearly on drugs..at least that is my theory)....this comment got so off topic so fast. I need a drink.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That dress is amazing! Gah, want! Have a nice weekend by the water... mine already started at the beach!

    ReplyDelete
  4. super cute! and love the pink polish.

    christen
    http://fashionplatecheapskate.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute! I want a dress like that! You look wonderful in it and super summery. I'm loving the color of your lipstick too.

    ReplyDelete