Tuesday, May 15, 2012

in which there was pomp and circumstance

Photobucket

I know you already got a glimpse of this outfit yesterday, but I really liked it!  When my mom and I went to the outlets last weekend, this was one of the first things I tried on when we arrived, and the last thing I bought just before we left!  It was "expensive" (relatively speaking), and I wasn't sure it was worth the big bucks.  Obviously, I made my choice :)

Photobucket

Photobucket

Picture309a

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

(dress: gap; jacket: thrifted; shoes: tilly's)

This is what I wore to my mom's graduation and after party, where I drank dacquiris and ate snacks and sang songs.  It was really nice to spend the weekend there with the whole family--on Sunday we made Eggs Benedict (my brother poached the eggs while I failed miserably at making hollandaise and had to call in the master chef [guess who] on her special day--and it. was. delicious.), went for a walk in the woods, watched "The Vow", and lazed about the house until it was time for me to head over to a friend's birthday bonfire and then--finally--home.

9 comments:

  1. This dress is sooo awesome! I love the cut, colour and print, it will be the perfect summer maxi!! And your little jacket looks perfect with it.
    You and your mom are ridiculously gorgeous!
    xJennaD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your mothers' day sounds like it was so nice! You did a lot more than I did! We just made breakfast, lazed around the house, and then went to dinner. haha
    I really like this maxi dress on you. The print is really summery and cool! I love the denim jacket paired with it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. that dress is beautiful on you!


    xxx
    www.ladyalamode.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hattitude Style Blog

    caitlin...you made the right decision. that dress is AWESOME. and you and your mom look so much alike! it's so funny how we emulate our moms. i am told i look identical to mine! haha

    talk soon wild child
    -Hattie
    Hattitude Style Blog

    ReplyDelete
  5. you look amazing, i love your hair!

    from,

    helen @ http://thelovecatsinc.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this dress! It's perfect on you even if it was 'expensive'. I think you'll manage to get your money's worth this summer.

    ReplyDelete
  7. cute dress and I LOVE that little fan necklace.

    christen
    http://fashionplatecheapskate.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. You two look lovely! Love your dress and those shoes. A new reader of yours! :)

    ReplyDelete