Tuesday, March 13, 2012

in which i've got wild horses and springtime

Photobucket

I am fully on board with the novelty prints this year (one of the fabrics I bought a few weekends ago is covered in little ice cream cones and popsicles--could it be more amazing??), and when I spotted this scarf, with little white horses trotting around on it, it had to be mine. I had originally built a very pastel outfit around it, since it's such a lovely light blue, but decided to save that until it's actually spring. The weather has been glorious lately (not that I have had much chance to experience it from my gloomy gray office), and I'm hoping to finally spend some time outside over the weekend.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


(scarf: tjmaxx; cardigan/trench: h&m; skirt: vintage; shoes: seychelles)

I always look so mean on sunny days... I have a major squinting problem. I even squint on cloudy days! Snow makes me squint, too. What can I say, I'm sensitive to light (but boy, do I love it).

I can't believe it's only Tuesday. Time feels strange lately, like it's rushing and lagging at the same time. I feel simultaneously over- and underwhelmed. Weirdness. Maybe this is what the middle ground feels like. It's been a while since I've felt so content--spring is coming, I'm being creatively productive (it's relative, people), I've been spending time with K, and my family, and my friends, I have summertime adventures to look forward to... life is good.

What are you loving about life today?

11 comments:

  1. LOL I get what you mean about the time rushing and lagging, I've been feeling the same. It's weird.
    PS. I love that horse print scarf- so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, I'm right there with you with the rushing and lagging. Perhaps the problem is looking so forward to the weekends and the coming seasons--the weekends and beautiful days rush by, but the weeks last for weeks, each of them!

    I ALSO bought dress fabric with ice cream cones on it!! Can't wait to see yours!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is insanely cute! I love fall-ish colors with the addition of the light blue, it's perfect for this weird pre-spring weather!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this mustard cardigan, it's so pretty with the light blue scarf. And that scarf is amazing, horse print?! Yes please! I can't wait to see it paired with pastels, good to hear the weathers getting better :)
    xJennaD

    ReplyDelete
  5. great colors and that scarf is awesome

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the pop of blue your scarf adds to this. So cute! xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hattitude Artistic Style Blog

    i am loving that the sun is shining today in vancouver, and it said on the forecast that it was suppose to be rainy...and my dear friend carly from ontario is coming to visit! it's a sign.

    i am looooving pattern prints this season as well. i can't seem to get enough of them.
    i'm looking in to getting a sewing machine. what kind do you have? when i go back to ontario in may i'm purchasing one...and one with button holes techniques haha

    talk soon wild child
    -Hattie
    Hattitude Artistic Style Blog

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the horse print scarf, I'm sure the pastel outfit was cute but this feels more 'you'.
    I'm with you on the spring time 'lag' it's like suddenly there is so much you want to do but you feel like you never really accomplish any of it. I think it just comes with the territory of spring time.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love that scarf! I've been really into novelty prints lately too. The color of your scarf looks so pretty against your yellow cardigan.
    I've been feeling the simultaneous rush and lag of life lately too. Maybe it's just the time of the year.

    ReplyDelete