Tuesday, February 28, 2012

in which winter has returned with a vengeance

Photobucket
When I woke up this morning to frigid cold and a fresh layer of snow, there was only one thing to do:
FUR HAT FUR HAT!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


(dress/shoes: thrifted; chambray: walmart; tights: tjmaxx; hat: h&m)

I love this little jumper dress, but for some reason I always feel like it looks the same every time I wear it. That's not really the case. This is how I wore it last time. I'm even wearing it backwards today... maybe I'm just crazy. One thing is for sure: I think it will look so cute in the summertime, as a little sleeveless sundress (hint hint: summer, where are youuu??). I'll just need some fun wedges to go with it...

I spent some quality time with my sewing machine last night (before The Bachelor). I think I've got it pretty well figured out now (finally getting my hands on the instruction manual sure didn't hurt!), though the upper thread doesn't like to pick up the bobbin thread and I'm not sure why (thoughts??), and I still haven't gotten the balance of tension quite right. But I'll get there! And now I have a nice floral summer skirt freshly hemmed (double hint hint: summer, where are youuu??).

Seriously feeling inspired, you guys, about everything. But tired--there is so much I want to be doing instead of sleeping, these days!

10 comments:

  1. love it, the dress is perfect and so is the blouse too. and sadly, the winter has returned here too. I want spring soooo bad :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, can I have some of your inspiration? I'm in a total slump...

    Where would you be without your fur hats? And jumpers=love, as usual!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're so fabulously old-school Russian in this photo. Very War and Peace (the peace part).

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look so wonderful and cozy here! That hat is so amazing, and warm. Great with the jumper over top the long sleeve shirt
    xJennaD

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like the jumper, but it will be a PERFECT summer sundress.
    I've had some sewing experience and if you are having tension problems you should try re-threading the machine. Re-threading the machine fixed 90% of my tension problems (everything else I just leave set at 'normal')

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hattitude Artistic Style Blog

    i NEED a sewing machine SO badly. argh! awesome awesome hat. very russian chic!
    where do you live? we are suppose to get some wet snow in vancouver the next few days. not looking forward to it!
    talk soon wild child
    -Hattie
    Hattitude Artistic Style Blog

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jumper is awesome, I really like the styling. I often have sewing machine issues. I agree re-threading is the way to go. Often I find it is the thread getting caught and not pulling through properly. So if you go back and feel along the thread you can usually see where its too tight and re thread that piece. Or possibly the bobbin thread isn't slotted through the right part of the bobbin case... Hope that helps!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this little jumper dress too. So cute on you!

    christen
    fashionplatecheapskate.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete