Friday, February 3, 2012

in which i'm a brown-dressed girl

Photobucket

What are winter colors? I feel like this outfit is too autumnal. I suppose I should restrict my color choices to black and navy and red and white, if I want to be truly winter-inspired. Maybe it's the green. We don't have much green around these parts lately.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


(dress/blazer/scarf/belt: thrifted; boots: seychelles)

Tonight K will be working for the first time at his new job, so I'll be stuck at home by myself. I say that like it's a bad thing, but my loneliness is nothing that a cheesy chick flick and a flatbread pizza can't fix ;)

It's been a busy busy week, and I'm so ready for the weekend!

9 comments:

  1. Chick flicks are the best :)

    Looove your dress and your boots-they are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful hair, makeup, and outfit! XOXO, www.NatalyasCloset.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chick flick + pizza, sounds like heaven!! I love this dress, I could never wear it but it looks so great on you, especially with that belted jacket. I don't know what winter colours really are? All I know is I find myself wearing a lot of black, dark purple, navy and dark green in winter...which sounds super depressing.
    xJennaD

    ReplyDelete
  4. I find that I want to wear Summery things in Winter and Fall clothes in Spring and mid-to-late Summer. So right now I'm forcing myself to wear hats, scarves, jackets, brown, somber colors... 'Cause I won't be able to 'til Fall and I know as soon as it's too late I'll want to wear it all! So thank you for inspiring my next cold weather outfit! Jacket, boots, long floral skirt (or paisley dress), scarf- Check!! It all looks very cozy and academic. Probably just the jacket looks academic and the boots seem cozy... :) Anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this outfit n' pics! <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE the dress with the shoes and blazer, gosh this blazer is amazingly chic! Lovely outfit from head to toe, I wish i could pull off maxi dresses like you. I'll have to try in spring :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. beautiful maxi and stunning blazer, love the colors here

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like the brown on brown combo, even for "winter." And for me, in NY, it's just been one long autumn...at least you have some snow!! Hope you had a lovely chick-flick evening :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this outfit! The colors are perfect and I've been obsessing over longer lengths lately

    ReplyDelete