Monday, January 23, 2012

in which it's wear your pajamas to work day

Photobucket

Okay, so maybe it's not officially "Wear Your Pajamas to Work Day" or anything like that, but I've declared it so by virtue of today's outfit. This tunic is one of the things that I switch off wearing around the house after work/on weekends, because it's so soft and cozy and non-restrictive. And it's plaid. For some reason I feel like plaid is warmer or something, but it's really not, it just looks cozy. This tunic is sadly near the end of its life... I need a replacement, quick!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


(tunic: tjmaxx; sweatervest: plato's closet; hat: h&m; boots: l.l.bean)

I also thought today might be a good day to just wear my boots, since I looked outside and the wind was blowing and it looked terribly frigid (it actually was pretty temperate). These were my Christmas present from the 'rents this year--I really, really needed a pair of actual, warm winter boots. It's sad, but I've been back in Vermont for four winters now and the whole time I have been without honest-to-goodness boots (bad Caitlin). I still don't have a very warm coat, but that can wait...

K and I had a pretty lazy weekend. The highlight was driving into town to get chocolate milkshakes (!!!!) and sushi. I haven't had a milkshake in ages (ever since I worked at Seattle's Best and saw how much ice cream went into one of their milkshakes--yikes!) and I must admit, I still feel kind of guilty about having one (isn't that terrible??). But man, was it good. (So was the sushi :) Otherwise my time was spent alternating between reading my book (I finally finished it and now I really want to watch the movie again) and watching Friday Night Lights... pretty good way to spend a January weekend.

7 comments:

  1. This dress looks incredibly cozy!! I love it, nothing better than a dress that feels like pjs on a chilly day. Sounds like a great weekend, I can't even remember the last time I had a milkshake, but now I want one
    xJennaD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks lovely and cozy! I also liek that little brown sweater over it...

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. lovely dress and cute vest, love the how cozy you look here

    ReplyDelete
  4. That plaid dress really does look comfy. Plaid does always seem comfier for some reason. I really like your furry hat with it! Also, now I want a milkshake.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that tunic as a dress - super cute!

    xo jennifer

    http://seekingstyleblog.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the tunic, and your feet look very warm!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I giggled about the 'plaid is warmer' but you're SO right. Love the tunic, the sweater vest is pretty awesome as well.

    ReplyDelete