Tuesday, January 24, 2012

in which i wear a yellow hat

Photobucket

I have been wanting a mustard knit pompom hat for ages. I stumbled upon this one while doing some Christmas shopping and waffled for much longer than necessary about whether or not to buy because it was like, $12. As you can see, it's awesomeness outweighed my waffle.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


(sweater/hat: tjmaxx; shorts/belt: thrifted; shoes: lulus.com)

You know what would make this outfit infinitely more awesome? Elbow patches on this sweater. Maybe I should sew some on... it's too late for this outfit, but for the sake of this sweater's future..? Also re: this sweater, I almost bought a nearly identical one at Plato's Closet during my big spree there on New Year's Eve day. It looked the same except that there was a sort of chevron thing going on with the front. I didn't get it because it was too casual for my usual style, but I'm kind of regretting not buying it. Maybe I'll have to go back...

Well, this post was a whole lot of silliness. Last night I made lasagne. I also watched The Bachelor. I might wear a hat every day this week. Shorts make me happy. The end.

7 comments:

  1. I love the yellow hat!! It's so cute. And these shorts are so awesome, especially with the sweater.
    xJennaD

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is the cutest hat. I have one just like it but grey. Yellow is so much more fun! I had the same buying experience with a belt in target the other day. Except the belt was like $18, so I didn't get it. : /

    ReplyDelete
  3. The yellow hat is awesome! I love how bright and fun it is. I really like your blue shorts with the striped sweater too. And, of course, I always enjoy those shoes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This outfit is awesome!! I love everything from your adorable yellow hat to your fabulous shoes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That hat is awesome. My rule is if I know that I will wear something more dollars than it costs then I am allowed to get it. $12 yellow hats TOTALLY make the cut.

    ReplyDelete
  6. lovely hat, adore the shorts too

    ReplyDelete