Thursday, December 8, 2011

in which it has begun

Photobucket

So, it finally snowed again, and I think this time it's here to stay (if the cold air is any indication). Also, my photo spot is free of intruders once again. All is right in the world, it seems.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

(dress: banana republic, gift; sweater: tjmaxx; belt: thrifted; boots: seychelles; gloves: gift)

My dear friend sent me this dress (thanks, Bonnie!) and I think it's fabulous. The print has a tribal-meets-chic-meets-sixties vibe, and I love it paired with brown. I also love that since starting this blog my friends sent me their sartorial cast-offs :) I am always standing by to remix!

Last night's meeting of Art Club was everything that I expected it to be. Mostly we just drank wine and ended up getting really fired up about politics, but art and politics have a historically important/difficult relationship, no? I mean, I honestly cannot believe this came out of our country:


This is why I can't bear to watch the news anymore. Not that I watch Fox News anyway, but it's incredibly painful for me to imagine that this is the world I live in. No apologies today for getting political on the blog... I'm too riled up.

Tomorrow is Friday, yay!! It's our last full weekend together before K leaves for the west coast for the rest of 2011 (and then some), so we're going to fill it up with good times. For starters, tomorrow night we're going to see a local production of White Christmas! My holiday spirit seems to have dropped off in recent days (I'm not as excited about Christmas songs on the radio, etc.), so hopefully this weekend can jumpstart my merriment.

10 comments:

  1. I love your outfit and the snow is so pretty! XOXO, www.NatalyasCloset.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your art club gatherings sound so awesome! I wish I had one of those :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a cute mix of textures in this outfit. You look so nice and cozy too. I'm loving your boots with the socks and tights combo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this outfit! Hurray for cast offs from friends. And I also enjoy getting politically riled, as you know. : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. This dress is amazing!! I love the print, and the long sleevedness. It's perfect with the jacket thingy over it. And I am so happy you got snow, our's has melted a lot and I'm praying for snow so it'll look more chirstmassy!
    xJennaD

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a perfect way to wear the knit jumper! love love love this outfit.
    -sarah

    ReplyDelete
  7. You look great and that jumper is so lovely ;) also, I love that dress...you're so lucky, having stylish friends like that!
    Life is a romantic poem

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have this dress! Love it. I think I got it from a clothing swap party if I remember correctly. I wish we would get more snow here in Burlington, VT. Looks so pretty where you are.

    ReplyDelete