Thursday, December 15, 2011

in which i'm dreaming of a white christmas (and an irish holiday)

Photobucket

It's raining today. What the heck is that about? Weather like this takes me back to the bus trip I took across Ireland in December of 2006. An adventure like that is starting to look mighty good right about now--lately I've been craving dark pubs, thick stout, long rides through foreign countrysides, and lively music in the night.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


(turtleneck dress: american apparel; polka dot dress: forever 21; scarf: thrifted; boots: seychelles; hat/socks: stolen from mom)

Tonight is Christmas Eve for K and me, and I took the day off tomorrow in true holiday fashion. We did some serious shopping last night, hitting Church Street and then working our way through the outskirts of the city.

Photobucket

It was a lovely evening :)
Oh, and I miiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight have bought myself a pair of super-sparkly glitter heels at the mall. Because I like shiny things.

10 comments:

  1. Your adventure through Ireland sounds lovely. I love pubs and beer, this sounds like my kind of trip, haha. It's so beautiful there as well.
    Your polka dot dress is so sweet, I love it with the turtleneck underneath for a bit of warmth! You look gorgeous all bundled up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww you look so lovely and cozy in the cold! I just posted a look with a polkadot summer dress in winter, so of course I love that you pulled off a summery polkadot dress for the cold season too! :)

    P.S. I'm going to Ireland next April, can't wait!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. you're so cute it's not even fair! by the way, do you take your photos with a tripod or does someone else take them?

    ReplyDelete
  4. How was Ireland? I'm applying to college there : ) everyone says its great!

    nice pics btw : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hooray for glitter heels! I have a pair too and I love them. I've been using any excuse to wear them. Also, you mentioning stout made me want one. Maybe tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i know what you mean! it rained all day today. we usually have loads of snow by now. but we haven't had snow that has stayed longer than 24 hours. strange weather.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Blah. It rained all day here, too. I'm starting to doubt the possiblility of a white Christmas over here.
    Glitter heels!? Yay! I hope you show us!
    This is a sweet outfit as usual. I love the dress so much!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These shots are lovely. We've been getting a weird amount of rain for the season too. The white dress looks great on you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Shiny things are my favorite. You look lovely in the pictures!

    ReplyDelete