Wednesday, December 28, 2011

in which i like to rock the party

Photobucket

I love this scarf. It's big and red and cozy and adds a splash of post-Christmas joy to any outfit :) The rest of this getup is eggnog-inspired, so I've got sartorial holiday cheer to spare.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


(skirt/hat: vintage; sweater: thrifted land's end; scarf: tjmaxx; shoes: seychelles)

As you can probably tell, these photos were taken last week, at the height of holiday craziness (and before the snow). I wore this getup into Montpelier for a Mexican (food) birthday celebration for a ladyfriend who will soon be busting out of town. Tonight, more party! I feel like I'm never going to recover from being exhausted, but it's worth it to spend so much quality time with the lovelies in my life! I'm hoping that with the new year will come a much more structured routine (read: time to go to the gym and write), more hours of sleep (and maybe many a bubble bath), and more time/energy to keep up with blog commenting--I apologize for my absence of late, it's been way too wild around here to worry about what is going on in cyberspace, but I miss being involved and I'll be back in the game as soon as I can!

8 comments:

  1. I've never tried eggnog because I always thought the color was weird, but in outfit form its gorgeous! Especially with a splash of red.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohh I love the neutral shades in this outfit then the pop of colour with the red!! Such a nice scarf and that sweater looks soo cozy.
    It's so nice to everyone and do lots of stuff, but it definitely is exhausting sometimes! I can't wait to have a day to veg out!
    xJennaD

    ReplyDelete
  3. mmm eggnogg. I cant think about anything else now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. God this fur hat looks SO cute on you! Lovely pop of colour with the scarf too, I agree on the Christmassy touch it adds :) And it goes so well with the neutral shirt and skirt!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love when you wear that hat...great pop of red! happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That hat is amazing and you look gorgeous in red!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The pop of red from your scarf is just perfect in this outfit! I love the eggnog color theme! It made me realize I forgot to drink the rest of the eggnog back home...maybe it'll still be there when I get back? haha

    ReplyDelete