Monday, November 14, 2011

in which i've got a cape to keep me warm

Photobucket

It has been SO WARM here for the past couple of days--positively balmy. That springtime feeling is in the air, like everything has started to thaw even before freezing. Not that I'm complaining. It's just wacky in that "Day After Tomorrow" global-warming way.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


(cape: goodwill; dress: thrifted/gift; boots: seychelles)

I'm taking advantage of this lovely weather by letting my bare legs breathe a little longer, and wearing this sensationally soft new cape/poncho that I scored at Goodwill this weekend. It may look warm, but my inability to wear a coat over its armless bulk will render it useless to me in the coming months. I do hope it snows a bit before Christmas, preferrably before K leaves for the west coast--I want to get in the holiday spirit!

This weekend was low-key. I didn't do much moving around, but I did manage to spend most of Saturday tip-typing away and getting a significant amount of work done on the novel. Days like that are the best. Plans to continue tonight...

Happy Monday, lovelies!

9 comments:

  1. This is a pretty wonderful cape, it looks so soft and cozy. Thats so crazy that it's really warm there, it finally snowed here! As soon as theres christmas drinks in the stores and snow on the ground I am in a holiday mood
    xJennaD

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow!!! you look so adorable!!!
    Cheers
    Anika

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its so weird here too, right now its 70. WTF!? I love cold weather, but I guess this is nice too if not a little global warmingy.
    Love your cape. Its so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's really warm here, too! It makes me angry because I want to wear my fall things! Oh Well. Cute cape and outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that little cape! Such a chic piece :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that cape! So cute. it's really warm where I live too. It makes me so jealous to see pictures of snow!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful outfit! Adventuring in an outfit like that must be quite an amazing feeling. great background!

    -A.B

    ReplyDelete
  8. That sweater cape is fantastic! What a great Goodwill find. I'd love to find one like that.

    ReplyDelete