Tuesday, June 14, 2011

in which i would sail that vast stormy ocean

Photobucket
I'm glad I chose stripes for this overcast week. Florals are much more suited to sunny days, but I definitely associate nautical stripes with stormy ocean grey.
Photobucket
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

(dress: f21; denim jacket/scarf: thrifted; moccasins: minnetonka; ring: gift)

Can I just say: thank you to ABC for giving me The Bachelorette on Monday nights? It's such a guilty pleasure but I just can't help myself... sometimes a girl just needs a treat (esp on Monday)! I'm going to have a pretty fun week once I get over the hump (and get paid), so I'm kind of hoping to hurry time along a little bit. At the same time, I hate that I want to rush through the week. So much for living every day to the fullest. So often lately I find myself wasting time or spending it in unworthy ways (like watching The Bachelorette--though I also hemmed a pair of shorts and read my book, which felt like better uses of my time), and I really miss the days when every day of my life seemed chock full of adventure and excitement. I miss being on the move. I guess that's growing up... or is it? I don't want to settle for life, I want to savor it... to taste the flavors of every moment that passes and to fatten up on happiness. In case you somehow haven't noticed, the old wheels have definitely been spinning underneath my headscarves and hats this week...

I sure am looking forward to this road trip. I expect to do some serious soul-searching (my favorite activity...)

:)

12 comments:

  1. I like the sounds of sailing a vast, stormy ocean myself.

    And I totally know what you mean about missing adventure and excitement in life. I remember a time when I lived no place longer than 6 months. I was always off to somewhere, always filling pages of journals with these deep revelations, always meeting new people.

    Life seems much slower than that now, especially with a baby. But I'm slowly but surely learning two things: that there are adventures even in staying put; and that life slowing down might be one of those blessings in disguise...

    ReplyDelete
  2. love your dress :) and it looks great with this jacket

    ReplyDelete
  3. Casual, cute, perfect everyday look! I love that the dress combines stripes and a peter pan collar! Two cool things in one piece :) And this jacket and matching headband are such a great idea! Pluus I'm in love with your mocassins.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the dress! So cute! And I tried out wearing a headscarf, too! Felt somewhat odd but I might try a little one like yours next time :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm pretty sure I don't own enough stripes to do a week... in fact, I think I only have two striped items.

    Going to jump into my usual devil's advocate position here.... was there really a time when life was that chock full of adventure and you weren't neurotic about something. I always remember life as amazing the first year I lived in Barcelona, but I know that actually I was romantically unsatisfied, workwise unsatisfied (hmm, some things are a constant) and neurotic that I was wasting my life in techno clubs and on the beach, etc. etc... Weren't you also maybe over analyzing in university a bit? ; )

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like the scarf tied in your hair. Cute striped dress too. The denim jacket works really well with it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So pretty! XOXO, www.NatalyasCloset.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the adorable cut of that dress! You have the very best dress collection. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I haven't roadtripped since I was little (we were moving)... and it's not really the same with your mom and jerky siblings. I REALLY want to roadtrip with my friends. Hope you have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  10. i love that dress, totally something i would buy it looks so comfy!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Loveee this outfit! Super adorable.

    ReplyDelete