Thursday, June 9, 2011

in which i live in a tropical rainforest

Photobucket

It is seriously tropical here today. Most of these photos looked like they had been taken through a scrim of algae before I adjusted the colors, but more importantly, the air is so thick and moist that I came into work feeling waterlogged. It sure looks lush out there!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

(dress: forever 21; denim jacket: gap, thrifted; shoes: seychelles)

I'm keeping it really simple today with a no-frills summery (floral!) dress. In other words, I overslept and was lazy. I didn't even brush my hair. I did really want to add a necklace to this outfit but I don't have any summery accessories! I need to get on top of that. Also, K mentioned this morning that I seem to be "wearing a lot of flowers" this week. Indeed. (He doesn't read my blog enough, obviously...)

I found this denim jacket last summer at a Salvation Army in St. Johnsbury ($5!) and was overjoyed. Every girl needs a basic denim jacket. That's a strict rule, and I'm no rebel. Happy Thursday, everyone! The weekend is just around the corner :)

12 comments:

  1. Lovely casual outfit here! The dress is so summery, I love the pattern of it.

    x Michelle | thefeatherden.net

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your thrifted jacket! And the dress and shoes are perfect for a humid summer day! XOXO, www.NatalyasCloset.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute dress, I love florals of all kinds! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Floral and denim is my absolute favorite combination right now! This is an awesome look. I wish it wasn't a million degrees right now so I could recreate this look :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. i like this look. and brushing you hair is overrated!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome, simple and awesome! Florals + denim = pretty look and ready to go. I like this outfit a lot, it doesn't look like you overslept :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Florals and denim are definitely a wonderful combination. And everyone should own a denim jacket for sure, they're such useful pieces. Love this floral print. Im suprised your man even picked up on the fact that you were wearing lots of floral prints lately!
    xJennaD

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the humid tropical look! If you can't get to the tropics, let the tropics come to you!

    Albs only reads my blog when he's taken the pictures, to see if people have been saying nice things about his photography! ; )

    ReplyDelete
  9. You're right about the demin jacket, love this look. :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Proving the denim jacket never goes out of style.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your floral dress and jean jacket combination. Classic and cute for summer!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Man you are too cute!! And I love your pic locations!!! SUch a great warm weather outfit, I'm taking notes!

    Lauren
    Sparrow & Urchin

    ReplyDelete