Monday, May 9, 2011

in which i am bond. jane bond.

Photobucket
This has been a terrible, horrible, no-good, very bad day. Don't you love when Monday is everything you hoped it wouldn't be?
Photobucket
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
(dress/scarf/belt: goodwill; socks: uo; shoes: seychelles)

Luckily I had a pretty good weekend. Friday night K and I went to see Something Borrowed and got burritos at Moe's (yum!), which we took home to eat while we played Scrabble. It was K's best game yet, but I still beat him by 100 points. What can I say? I'm the Scrabble Queen. The movie was pretty sub-par, but I do have a surprisingly high tolerance for crappy chick flicks. K, on the other hand, does not. I think I caught him trying to sleep a couple of times. I was pretty disappointed that I didn't love the movie (because Kate Hudson and John Krasinski and Ginnifer Goodwin are all awesome, in my book), but it was nice and fluffy for a Friday night. And I liked that things didn't really "work out" as neatly as they usually do in rom-coms. If you've seen it, you know what I mean, but no spoilers here!

Saturday was spent lounging around watching Harry Potter, hitting Goodwill and Gardener's Supply, getting my summer tires switched over, drinking iced coffee, cleaning the apartment, and grocery shopping. K and I were both totally exhausted by the end of the day. The next morning we made brunch for my mom (and dad, and brother) on Sunday. We cooked up some french toast and hash browns with peppers, onions and veggie sausage, served with fruit salad, and drank mimosas all morning. It was lovely.

And today I look like a Bond girl or something. I found this dress at Goodwill, and although it's really not "my style," it fit too perfectly to pass up. I decided to make it a little more mod than utilitarian with a bright scarf and oversized sunnies. Also, I really need to cut my bangs tonight. I know I keep saying that, but they're getting a little out of hand :)

14 comments:

  1. Awesome outfit. Definitely James Bond worthy, haha! I really love the pop of colour coming from your scarf, it looks great around your neck.

    x Michelle | thefeatherden.net

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeos outfit and the scarf tops it all off.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Definitely a double agent kind of Bond Girl, especially with those awesome sunnies :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You do look like some sort of a mod/french spy! I love the oversized sunnies! Here's hoping tomorrow rock to make up for today!

    ReplyDelete
  5. In which you look astoundingly like my friend Lydia from Oklahoma, at least with sunglasses on.

    I want French toast now, but I am currently on a diet (the kind where you still sometimes eat donuts). ; D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Brilliant! Love the over-the-knee socks!
    I'm terrible at scrabble...I still manage to beat my bf though!

    ReplyDelete
  7. SO very jane bond, I love the dress with these knee highs and the bright yellow scarf, it's wonderful.
    Sorry to hear you had such a craptastic day!
    xJennaD

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOw I love this! The dark colors are so great on you! It has a completely different look then your norm! I love everything about it!
    xx
    Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aww Jane Bond, haha, you look adorable. I really like this outfit. It's always wonderful when you can get good finds at Goodwill. I especially like that scarf.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really like your bangs like this- just a little too long and side-swept. I used to have my bangs like that and loved them (even if my grandmother didn't). Also, your outfit reminds me of a Hollywood spy flick (James Bond, Angelina Jolie,...) because you look like you mean to be incognito but you're much too cute:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your hair is awesome, I think I've told you that though. Even the long bangs suit you. Sounds like a great weekend, there is nothing better than movies on Friday night after working all week.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Caitlin, this is SUPREMELY badass.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hey! I just came across your blog today and I like it! I like the contrast of nature and fashion. It's very bohemian. I have to deal with establishing myself too, with not lots of resources, however I did read in the recent Elle May Issue that Tumblr is a great platform. And it is also gaining a lot of attention from fashion media.

    Tallulah Doll
    www.tallulahdoll.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love this blog! Your outfit is fabulous! I love love LOVE the knee socks and sunglasses pair. Cute!

    Nicole
    http://changingtheworldinbabysteps.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete