Thursday, November 25, 2010

giving thanks

For my parents, who are always, unfailingly, there for me.
For my job, when so much of the country is struggling.
For K, who tolerates Real Housewives and makes really great cake :)
For my friends, old and new and really old.
For my health.
For red wine and ambient light.
For F. Scott Fitzgerald, D. H. Lawrence, Wallace Stegner, Simone de Beauvoir, Doris Lessing, Margaret Atwood, Erica Jong, Tom Robbins, and Kurt Vonnegut.
For chevre, brie, and sharp cheddar.
For jazz on the radio.
For the ocean.
For airplanes, which take me to faraway places.
For theater, which is not dead.
For those rare moments of divine inspiration.
For long walks, long drives, and free time.
For all of you, who make blogging worthwhile!

(photos from last Thanksgiving)

6 comments:

  1. These are lovely pictures, and I'm looking forward to this year's edition! Although it's not Thanksgiving for me, I'm feeling quite thankful myself, reading all the posts by American bloggers. Happy Turkey Day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I loved reading your list. I can't believe I forgot to put Kurt Vonnegut on my thankful list! Love him.
    Happy Thanksgiving :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fantastic "Thanks Giving" list.
    (kinda love that you included cheese. Because, I mean, cheese is so often overlooked as a real pleasure in life!!)
    Beautiful pictures and beautiful thoughts.
    Hope you've had a wonderful holiday!

    LeavingTheHouseInThis.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just found your blog! Your style is pretty much the best thing ever. I'm loving everything here. Following! <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a wonderful list. I too love Fitzgerald, brie, and wine :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. "red wine and ambient light" I pretty much love you.

    ReplyDelete