Tuesday, October 5, 2010

the suede way

Wearing suede today was probably pretty silly of me, considering that it is supposed to rain. But I haven't worn these boots in such a long time and they were calling to me this morning. And I'm silly. Not much going on today... just a boring old Tuesday. K and I have to do laundry tonight, which is my least favorite chore (and that's saying something, because pretty much every chore is--well, a chore--that means you, dishes!). I miss having a laundromat in our building... we have to drive 15 minutes to get to one and just sit there. And I don't have any money left until payday on Thursday so I can't even sneak over to Plato's Closet during the wash cycle and rifle through their latest consignments. Bah humbug.

(turtleneck dress: American Apparel; skirt: mom's; boots: Urban Outfitters; scarf: F21; belt: Goodwill)

I feel very Ali Macgraw in Love Story today (minus the leukemia...). Maybe it's just the trench coat, but I think the suede boots and the wide belt/classic tweed paired with the beatnik black turtleneck and fringed scarf contribute to that vibe.

5 comments:

  1. Your fall outfits are so perfect! Your scarf and skirt are lovely. I, too, am wearing impractical footwear (mocassins) on this very rainy day.

    Thanks for your comment, by the way. I've been considering sharing some of my poetry on my blog since poetry is a big part of who I am and, fashion or not, my blog is my blog. So I may just start doing that :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Ali McGraw! Her character's outfits inspire to me to no end during the fall! You look great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your skirt. I hate laundry as well, I always hope some elf will do it for me each week haha

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry about your laundry woes. I have loads of chores to do tonight, too.

    And holy crap I love this outfit! I think it's just perfect. The belt is the perfect touch!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i really love this entire outfit. you make black and brown look so good together!

    ReplyDelete