Wednesday, October 13, 2010

shady grove

Peaches in the Summertime
Apples in the Fall
If I can't have Shady Grove
I'll have no one at all
Shady Grove, my little love
Shady Grove, my darling
Shady Grove, my little love
I'm bound for Shady Grove.

The sun was burning bright today, so I sought refuge in a little shady grove to keep the contrast at a manageable level, but I sure did appreciate that warm sun this afternoon when I went for my lunchtime walk! I've been trying to go for a walk around the neighborhood on my lunch break every day, since this gloriously perfect weather won't last long (and since I've stopped running out of blatant laziness, it's the only exercise I get these days).

(shirt: TJMaxx; skirt: vintage; tights: HUE; boots: ALDO; scarf: Bargain Boutique)

I've been feeling really uninspired by my closet lately, which occasionally results in creativity and otherwise forces me to replay old favorites. I feel safe with primary colors :)

Speaking of feeling safe (or not safe), the impending Halloween holiday is putting me in the mood for scary movies! I'm kind of a wimp when it comes to thrillers, but I've been wanting to watch The Craft for weeks now--do you guys remember that movie? I think I'm going to add it to the Netflix queue (don't tell K). What are your favorite frightening films? The ultimate scary movie (in my opinion) is What Lies Beneath, although The Ring comes in a pretty close second (maybe I'm biased because I first saw these when I was a particularly impressionable teenager). I like my frightflicks to have an element of psychological mindf**k--no Scream 3 for me!

8 comments:

  1. I love this look! It is so colorful and cute. This is one great skirt!

    thequeenofwanderlust.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another great look my dear! And yes thrift shopping is a slippery slope indeed, you can't pass things up because they are so cheap, but ultimately it adds up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have such a wonderful ability to mix colors! I love this outfit, you look wonderful as always :)
    Oh my goodness, I am the biggest wimp. I never watch scary movies. The scariest movie I've watched is Psycho, which is more psychological but oh well. Still scary!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am a total wimp about scary films. However when halloween comes around, a friend and I always watch Hocus Pocus. That's about my level of halloween horror.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how the maroon and mustard playoff of each other in this outfit

    ReplyDelete
  6. love the scarf:X:X....hope you can follow me back http://justanordinarychild.blogspot.com

    xoxo sere

    ReplyDelete
  7. You may feel uninspired, but you certainly don't look it. I am endlessly inspired by your outfits this fall, you look absolutely great in all of them. I wish I had half your talent for colour blocking and pattern mixing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so great! I love the dark boots with the bright tights. :)

    ReplyDelete