Monday, June 21, 2010

rattling brook music festival

What another great weekend! I am in love with summer :) Saturday was a gorgeous, sunny, eighty-degree day, so K and I decided to take a trip up to Belvidere, VT for the Rattling Brook Bluegrass Festival. What a pleasant surprise! K had his doubts because he'd never heard of any of the bands, but that was precisely why I knew it would be awesome. The festival has been going on for twenty-five years, but it's still very down-home and laid-back because it's not seriously advertised... it's kind of a word-of-mouth publicity plan.

We just hung out in the hot sun for several hours (my invisible accessory: sunscreen! my mother would be proud)...

(K's not-so-invisible accessory--he got so mad when he discovered that I had tied this in his hair!)

...and heard some great bluegrass (okay, there was a range of talent, but it was all fun!).

If I'd had any sort of foresight I would have brought a journal with me to record the names of all of these bands, but alas--I didn't want to be weighed down. At least I'll know better next year, when I will definitely be returning armed with a cooler of beer and a few of my best dancing-buddies--I literally could have stayed all night if I had someone to dance with, but K wasn't feeling it. The only thing he was feeling (besides joy, for being at such an awesomely quaint festival) was heatstroke.

Before we left, K agreed to take some outfit photos for me. Really he just wanted to take pictures of this truck, but I finagled my way into the frame so you could see my romper.

(romper/belt: Old Navy; shoes: Kohl's; hat: thrifted; sunglasses: UO)

I love this little romper because it reminds me of a picnic and it has little pockets in the front! I bought it months ago but was saving it for the perfect summer day--thanks, Rattling Brook!

Happy Summer Solstice, everyone!

2 comments:

  1. I've never been to a summer music festival, but I've always been meaning to!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As a member of the club that hosts this great festival It is nice to see that you have taken the time to write about it! The festival this year will be held on June 15 and we have a great line up this year! Make sure you bring your sunscreen and PLENTY to drink it will be great!

    ReplyDelete