Wednesday, March 24, 2010

so, some snow came in overnight...

So. It snowed. That Mother Nature sure is a tease. She is the Queen of Complicated Women. It's been wet and wild around here for the past couple of days--flood warnings went into effect, and there were kayakers on the baseball field yesterday afternoon (!) And then? I guess it froze!

I've been feeling like I'm kind of in a rut with my skirts and dresses, and I've been wanting to wear pants lately--weird, I know. A few weeks ago I was inspired by this photo from Lululetty's chictopia page:

I figured now was as good a time as any to attempt an emulation:


(blazer: vintage; fur collar: H&M; scarf: gift; t-shirt; old navy; jeans: PacSun; wool socks: stolen; boots: ALDO)

Life update: K and I sign the lease on our new apartment tomorrow evening! I'm really excited! I also have a job interview (within my current company) tomorrow afternoon, so it could potentially be a really big day :)

11 comments:

  1. congrats! love the outfit too

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow that outfit is amazing! I'm sorry to hear about the snow, touche mother nature ;] but you look great in it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this one! How'd you get the fur to stick too you?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, good luck on your interview! And you totally pulled this look off! I love it!! C'est tres chic!

    heart:

    purplestinkindogtoy.blogspot.co

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am pretending I am not seeing the snow in the background of these photos, but I do LOVE this outfit! You make winter still being here not seem so bad...

    P.S. Congratulations on your new apartment!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love Lulu Letty's and your version of the outfit here--- very cool. and as far as the snow goes--- give it a week and it will melt away, sun will shine- and then it will snow again in May. Got to love the great north east.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh and oops- I missed the apt. and interview news! Congratulations! and Good luck- I'm sure you'll do well!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely look! I looove your blazer and the fur! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am incredibly jealous of that blazer. You look fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I LOVE how you styled that collar, and the buttons on that jacket are great.

    Sorry about the extra snow. I hope we don't get any more until Fall.

    XO
    Lindsay
    My Solitary Consignment

    ReplyDelete