Thursday, February 4, 2010

This dress is a recent re-acquisition. I bought several years ago for $10 at the thrift store in Montpelier because it was so awesome, but then I never wore it because I thought it was "too big." Actually, I think perhaps it was just "too transparent" (before I owned a slip). Whatever the reason, I ended up giving it to my friend S before I abandoned her in Portland, Oregon. This is why I can never give any of my clothes away! Suddenly last week I thought about it and how lovely and cute it was, and I asked her if I could borrow it (luckily she's since followed my footsteps back to Vermont). She said she never wears it so I could just have it back--and voila! This pretty, delicate dress finally gets some time in the spotlight! I don't know what on Earth I was thinking... it fits perfectly!

(dress: thrifted; slipdress: UO; tights: TJMaxx; boots: ALDO)

So, you've probably noticed that I trimmed my bangs last night (after enjoying a delicious man-made meal of chili&cheese baked potatoes--mmyes--and the first disk of Big Love:S3 [finally out on Netflix!]). I think I was getting a little too cocky about my trimming skills... I went a little hog-wild with the scissors and the fringe is a bit shorter than I had envisioned. Also I accidentally trimmed my right eyebrow in the chopping frenzy, so thank god for the miracle of eyeliner pencil.

What will this evening bring? It's a mystery. Actually, it's not really much of a mystery... it will probably bring a whole lot of me&K doing a whole lot of nothing much. Probably a continuation of the apartment search--we're looking for a two-bedroom in Burlington because our lease is up April 1st! Yikes! I want: hardwood floors, fireplace, porch, bigbig windows and a bigbig kitchen... dogs allowed. But I suppose I could maaaaaybe settle for some combination of those things. Maybe.

3 comments:

  1. i laughed out loud when i read that you trimmed your eyebrow. it sounds like something i would do! that dress is nice. i love see-through stuff. you all searching for a place two months in advance makes me think i need to get moving if we must move by the same date! eeeek! thank you for the compliments on my hair. i think it is awesome that you even considered having this style. it is one of the greatest things i have ever done for myself. i did lose in versatility, but i gained in everything else!
    togandtrappings.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I'm glad the dress finally get it's deserve spotlight! It is adorable! The bang look great on the pictures plus bang always grow so fast! :) Good luck on your apartment search!

    -Coco from Our Paper Moon

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's such a nice dress! I'm apartment hunting too.. such fun!!

    ReplyDelete