Thursday, January 21, 2010

green on my back


I've been experimenting with patterns&textures a lot lately... probably because layers are a necessity in this bitter cold. If I have to layer, I want each piece to have dimension&depth.

I bought this cardigan in Virginia last weekend. There was a big Target across from our hotel, and I decided to go over and do some shopping while K was sick in bed. I was hoping to find some Rodarte dresses but didn't have any luck in that department. However! I did find this perfect, cozy Merona cardigan for only five dollars! It's definitely last-season (much more autumnal than winter or spring-inspired), but I love the hunter green color.

(dress: H&M; cardigan: Target (Merona); brown knit tights&gray thigh-high socks: JCPenney; boots: ALDO; scarf: thrifted; bracelet: gifted)

I'm still super-sick. I even had to sleep on the couch last night because I kept waking K up with my nasal noises... it was a vicious cycle: I'd wake him up, he'd wake me up, I'd wake him up, he'd wake me up... finally I just removed myself from the equation so I could sniffle in peace. I still haven't gotten a full night's sleep in days.


Anyway, this is a style blog, not a complain blog. I apologize, I get fussy when I can't breathe out of my right nostril.

2 comments:

  1. cuuute outfit! I love the tights socks and boots and great color combination!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this look is adorable, I love the green cardi; perfect color! Hope you feel better soon!

    -Coco from Our Paper Moon

    ReplyDelete