Friday, October 16, 2009

peacock pandemonium

Now, I love a good peacock feather as much as the next girl. I still covet a pair of dangly peacock earrings and have even considered getting a colorful tattoo of the peacock persuasion (if I were brave enough--those bright, bold colors! That royal poise, that pretty vanity!) Alas, this (insanity) too shall pass. I was even a peacock for Halloween last year! I saw this lovely dress on Stylesightings:

...and immediately thought of the extravagantly luxe, 1.5 million dollar wedding dress that had been floating around the web a while back:

I still can't decide if such overt opulence verges on tack-i-ness but I kind of like it. Personally, I think I'd stick with an accent de peacock in the form of some dangly earrings or perhaps a little purse--anything else would just seem excessive. I lovelovelove the idea of the skirt (1st photo) but the top is a bit over the top for my tastes. Perhaps a DIY-inspired trip to Michaels for some fluttery faux-feathers is in order.

And for a little more fashionable fun with feathers, a few photos from Junya Watanabe's Spring 2009 collection:

And the ways in which celebrities play with plumage:

(Nicole Kidman, Golden Globes 2005)

(Eva Longoria Parker, Cannes 2008)

Le sigh. If only I had occasion to adorn myself in avian-inspired attire...

No comments:

Post a Comment